Monday, March 25, 2013

Hollywood here we come!

It was just another normal day here on the ranch, the evening was falling, the light was beautiful and I suddenly realized when walking amongst the herd that we have a Hollywood star in our midst. His name is Roper (sure it might need a little adjusting when he becomes famous, but we will always know him as Roper)- he is a donkey... also, that might need something a little more "glamorous" to be considered as one of the prominent stars in Hollywood... but those are details we can work out later. For now, we will start with the head shots to get the ball rolling. 

 
Take #1: 
Me: "Ok Roper, now SMILE!" 
Roper: "CHEESE!" 
Me: (Silently- "Oh boy, this is gonna take a little work, let's try another...) 

Take #2:
Me: "C'mon Roper, WORK WITH ME HERE! Love the camera, love the camera!"
Roper: "This is my George Clooney face, how is it?" 
Me: (Silently- "Ok, now I am really starting get worried he might never make it to Hollywood)


Take #3: 
Me: "Give me your best look Roper, something that says, Hollywood here I come!" 
Roper: "Uh huh, uh huh, that's the way I like it!!!" 
Me: (Silently- "It's hopeless, one more shot and then I think I'll have better luck with the chickens!) 

Take #4: 
Me: "Ok Roper, now imagine that you are looking into the most beautiful sunset and you are standing on a beautiful beach... errr, I mean desert, and you just saw the most beautiful looking little Jill donkey coming across the horizon... show me what that looks like... and NOW!" 
Roper: "Hey, is that a rabbit over there by the hay pile?"
Me: (Silently- "Oh well, at least we got the shot, let Hollywood deal with him now!!!)